Retrieving Climate Data and Summary Reports from AgACIS
There are three ways to retrieve AgACIS climate data and summary reports.
Method 1 uses a map interface within the NRCS FOTG (Field Office Technical Guide) County Locator:
- From the FOTG County Locator map, select the desired state. Some states are divided into sub-areas, so be careful to select the correct area.
- Select the desired county.
- In the dropdown box on the left, select Section II.
- Expand the folder (click on it) for climate data. States vary in the naming of this folder. It can be variously Climate Data, Climatic Data, Climate Resources, etc.
- Expand the folder (click on it) named AgACIS or Agricultural Applied Climate Information System. States vary in the naming of this folder, and some states may have it located yet another folder level beneath. It is not available in some states.
- A table will appear (with a url as shown in Method 3 below) offering selections of various products for the climate stations available in that county.
- Continue by making your selection of product (report), station, and any options applicable to the product selected.
- Click the Go button to generate the report.
Methods 2 and 3 require you to know the 5-digit FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) code for the desired state (first 2 digits) and county (last 3 digits). A convenient listing of these codes can be found here.
- Method 2: Go to http://agacis.rcc-acis.org, enter the 5-digit FIPS code in the box beside Office ID, and click Submit.
- Method 3: In your web browser address bar, insert the 5-digit FIPS code into the following url where it says FIPSCODE http://agacis.rcc-acis.org/FIPSCODE/mtot.
At this point in Methods 2 and 3, a table will appear as in Step 6 of Method 1 above. Proceed with the desired selections.
You will need to verify that the station has enough data to produce a valid report. If there are insufficient data, you can select another station in the county or select another nearby county with stations that have sufficient data.