While water is a limited natural resource, its use appears unlimited.
Beyond its use for agriculture, water, and the snow that produces much of
it, are also used by:
Water and Climate Program
Products and Services Briefing Book
- Reservoir operators - To adjust water releases to minimize the
effects of flooding or conserve water during a drought.
- Utility managers - To plan for power generation.
- City planners - To manage urban growth.
- Biologists - To manage fish and wildlife based on potential impacts
of weather and water supplies.
- Recreationists - To plan outdoor activities like rafting, skiing,
fishing and other back-country uses.
- Etc., Etc., Etc.
Table of Contents