Select Frequency and
This tutorial shows how to use the Frequency and Time Period
selections in Report Generator. Frequency and Time Period are interactive;
options change depending on the frequency or time period selected.
The Frequency selection determines how often data is supplied to a report
in Report Generator. The Time Period selection determines the duration of
the report and the number of days to include in the report.
The example uses a Standard data report (Standard Sensors - Daily) to change the
frequency and time period of data displayed in the View Report tab.
- Start Report Generator.
- Select the Create/Modify Report tab.
- Choose the station. In the Enter station(s) field, enter the following station ID: 526.
- Station 526, Hogg Pass, will be added to the Selected Stations list. When a station is added, the View Station Information link appears in the upper left corner of the application.
- Select the View Station Information link. The Station View panel will open, displaying the station name, station metadata (such as Network, County, Elevation, Latitude, and Longitude), a site photo and a link to the site in Google Maps.
- From the Station View pane, hover over the the Reports dropdown list and select Standard Sensors-Daily. A tabular report will open, displaying the snow water equivalent, snow depth, precipitation, and temperature min/max/averages for the Hogg Pass site for the last 30 days.
- To change the frequency and time period for which data are reported, select the Time Period dropdown list on the report.
- In the Time Period tab, change the frequency to Monthly and set the Time Period to Current Water Year and All Months.
- Select Apply. The data in the View Reports tab change to reflect a reporting frequency of monthly and a time period of the current water year (Oct. 1 to Sept. 30).
This completes the Select Frequency and Time Period tutorial. Now
would be a good time to review the Select Unit of Measurement tutorial.