Retrieving Climate Data and Summary Reports from AgACIS
There are three ways to retrieve AgACIS climate data and summary reports (WETS, FROST, GROWTH, TAPS).
- From the Field Office Technical Guide webpage select a state from the dropdown list. Select Submit.
- In the document tree on the left, select Section II.
- Expand the folder (click on it) for climate data. States vary in the naming of this folder. It can be variously Climate Data, Climatic Data, Climate Resources, County Level Climatic Data, etc.
- Expand the folder (click on it) named AgACIS or Agricultural Applied Climate Information System. States vary in the naming of this folder, and some states may have it located yet another folder level beneath. It is not available in some states.
- A selection page will open in the center of the page, showing available documents and resources for the climate stations.
- Select the Document Title to open the document or resource.
Methods 2 and 3 require you to know the 5-digit FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) code for the desired state (first 2 digits) and county (last 3 digits). A listing of these codes can be found here.
- Method 2: Go to http://agacis.rcc-acis.org. Select the State and County from the dropdown list. Then enter the 5-digit FIPS code in the popup box and click Go.
- Method 3: In your web browser address bar, insert the 5-digit FIPS code into the following url: http://agacis.rcc-acis.org/?fips=FIPSCODE.
At this point in Methods 2 and 3, a selection page will open as in Step 5 of Method 1 above. Proceed with the desired selections.
You will need to verify that the station has enough data to produce a valid report. If there are insufficient data, you can select another nearby station that has sufficient data.